Are you a fan of the fantasy and adventure filled world of Percy Jackson? Whether you’re looking to join Team Percy or explore this magical universe even further, then you may be interested in knowing the answer to “How many Percy Jackson books are there?” Here we’ll outline all five novels in Rick Riordan‘s best-selling series as well as supplementing materials that bring more depth and understanding into this incredible story. So if you can’t get enough Greek mythology and demigod excitement, get ready for some intense reading!
Who is Percy Jackson?
Percy Jackson is a young demigod, born of the mortal Sally Jackson and the Greek god Poseidon. Unlike many other demigods, Percy has no idea of his divine heritage until he is nearly twelve years old, when he begins to have visions of the ancient Greek gods and monsters. His path soon crosses with that of some other demigods who help him understand his true self and combat the evil forces that threaten to destroy the world.
What is Percy Jackson and the Olympians About?
In the series debut, Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief , readers follow Percy on his first adventure in which he must prove himself to be a true hero. Alongside some other demigods, he embarks on a journey across America where they encounter monsters like Medusa and Cyclopes as well as running into Greek gods including Zeus and Hades.
When Does the New Percy Jackson Book Come Out?
Rick Riordan has published five novels in the Percy Jackson series, and is often working on more. In fact, he released a new book called The Demigod Files , which contains extra stories about characters from the original series as well as annotations from Rick Riordan himself.
How Many Percy Jackson Books Are There?
Follow the hero’s journey of Percy Jackson & The Olympians, as penned by Rick Riordan! Dive into five action-packed books–The Lightning Thief to The Sea of Monsters, then continue on with The Titan’s Curse to The Battle of the Labyrinth and finally round out your quest with a triumphant last stand in The Last Olympian. Additional supplemental works created will help you unravel deeper secrets about this epic world filled with mythological monsters and deities beyond your wildest dreams. Plus if that isn’t enough for you adventure seekers – have no fear; two movies featuring Logan Lerman as Percy await!
Percy Jackson Books in Order:
Fans of Percy Jackson can have their minds blown by the amazing world and storyline in these books, yet some may find themselves overwhelmed with how to keep track of all the stories. Fear not – if you want to know where each tale fits into this epic series order, here’s a helpful guide!
Percy Jackson & the Olympians
Percy Jackson thought his math teacher had gone mad and was trying to end his life, but it turns out the true story will leave him speechless. When Percy’s mother reveals her secrets, he is whisked away to Camp Half Blood where a shock of monumental proportions awaits: Poseidon, god of the sea himself – is in fact Percy’s long lost father!
- The Sea Of Monsters – Percy and his friends, Grover and Annabeth, are on an urgent mission: to save Camp Half Blood from destruction. A powerful poison has infiltrated the magical barriers that protect their home, so they must act fast to recover the Golden Fleece before summer’s end! Their quest leads them far away from safety – all the way across treacherous seas to a distant island inhabited by Cyclopes. Can Percy’s courage keep him alive long enough for he and his companions complete this heroic task?
- The Titan’s Curse – Percy and his allies embark on an epic mission to rescue Artemis, the goddess of fertility. It seemed unfathomable that a being with as much power could possibly be abducted – yet these courageous adventurers are determined to discover the truth behind her disappearance!
- The Battle Of The Labyrinth – An incoming freshman prepared for a mundane high school orientation, but his expectations were quickly overturned when an unexpected visitor arrived with their team of demon cheerleaders!
- The Last Olympian – As the year drew to a close, demigods across the world teamed up in preparation for an epic battle. The fate of humanity rested on their shoulders as they fought against monstrous odds – powerful Titans led by Kronos himself and Typhon, a rampaging beast unleashed upon New York City. Percy Jackson gathered his army of brave half-bloods together in what would become one final stand: either victory or death at Time’s doorstep.
- The Demigod Files – Follow Percy Jackson and his adventures as he discovers the depth of mythology in Rick Riordan’s mesmerizing collection from the world-renowned series, “Percy Jackson & The Olympians”. Uncover mythical tales that have never been told before!
The Heroes of Olympus
- The Lost Hero – When Jason awoke to find himself on a bus with Piper, his best friend and fellow student of the Wilderness School – an institution for wayward kids – he was left wondering how he had ended up there. Little did they both know just what excitement lay ahead…
- The Son of Neptune – After an extended slumber, Percy–the Son of Neptune and a demigod by nature–awoke with no memory other than his name. Lupa the Wolf revealed to him that he was born for battle, yet his confusion still lingered as he arrived at Camp Half Blood; nothing seemed familiar despite its reports from mythology even though it should have been a place where memories would come flooding back.
- The Mark of Athena – The ancient world of gods, demigods and giants is threatened by the power of Gaea. The only way to save it lies in a daring journey for the Greek and Roman heroes who must join forces across time – seeking out mysterious Doors that lead straight into Death itself! What could possibly be hidden beyond these doors? Only prophecy holds clues as they embark on this perilous quest together.
- The House of Hades – The five demigods are tasked with a daunting mission- to defy Gaea’s army and find the only way for Percy, Annabeth and The House of Hades to survive. If successful in their quest, they will be able secure both ends of The Doors of Death and put an end to the giant uprising led by Gaea once and for all. Notwithstanding the grief that weighs them down, these heroes must continue forward into this perilous undertaking if they want Liberty from Evil’s grasp!
- The Blood of Olympus – Against tremendous odds, the brave demigods have taken to the seas with their trusty ship Argo II and Athena’s illustrious Parthenos statue. As they venture forward, a great challenge awaits them: How can these few valiant heroes conquer Gaea’s inevitable awakening? With every wave that crashes against their boat bringing them closer to Athens comes an equally powerful reminder of all which has been sacrificed for this journey – but nonetheless it must continue if there is any hope left at saving mankind from destruction.
- The Demigod Diaries – Travel back in time with The Demigod Diaries, a captivating collection of tales crafted by father-daughter team Rick and Haley Riordan. Experience the epic journey that was once The Heroes of Olympus!
The Kane Chronicles
- The Red Pyramid – When Carter and Sadie’s mother passed away, their relationship seemed lost. Dr. Kane had a plan to reunite them through an experiment at the British Museum – but instead of bringing his family together, it unleashed Set; an ancient Egyptian god that banished him from existence and forced the siblings into hiding for fear of their own lives.
- The Throne of Fire – Carter and Sadie Kane embark on a thrilling quest for the Book of Ra, uncovering long-forgotten secrets across exotic locations around the globe. As they risk it all in their search, however, sinister forces from within Egypt’s House of Life are determined to prevent them at any cost!
- The Serpent’s Shadow – Carter and Sadie Kane stand at the edge of an impossible challenge – overthrow Apophis, a seemingly undefeatable chaos serpent whose sole purpose is to plunge all life into permanent darkness. If they are unsuccessful, their world faces certain destruction. But with courage in their hearts and great power on their side, nothing can stop them from achieving victory!
Demigods and Magicians
Two epic worlds collide as Camp Half Blood and the Kane Chronicles intertwine in an extraordinary series of short stories. Experience a captivating journey filled with action, adventure, mystery – all rolled into one!
- The Son of Sobek – Carter Kane, a daring investigator of the unknown, was on a mission to uncover any truth behind the mysterious sightings of Long Island’s monster – but what he encountered instead was an enigmatic young boy named Percy Jackson. When their paths crossed it did not make for pleasant first impressions!
- The Staff of Serapis – Annabeth’s journey through the subway got more peculiar as she encountered a two headed monster and a girl with uncanny similarities to herself wielding The Staff of Serapis. What surprises would this mysterious underground world bring?
- The Crown of Ptolemy – Unholy forces are stirring on Governor’s Island as a long-dead Egyptian sorcerer has been resurrected to pursue forbidden power. He seeks to combine ancient magics from both Egypt and Greece in his grand scheme of ascending into godhood!
The Trials of Apollo
- The Hidden Oracle – When Apollo, the mythological god of many talents and tutor to heroes, finds himself cast out from Olympus due to his father Zeus’ wrath – he must learn how to survive in our modern world. Disguising himself as a seemingly ordinary teenage boy named Lester and without any of his former divine powers, can this four thousand year old deity still regain favor with Zeus? Now stranded on Earth’s biggest stage: New York City; will Apollo find redemption or become yet another forgotten face amongst millions?
- The Dark Prophecy – After a series of grueling trials, Lester and his cohorts are now embarking on an electrifying quest throughout North America in search of the most mysterious Oracle known to man – located somewhere deep within the Midwest. With danger lurking at every turn, they must stay vigilant as their adventure takes them into uncharted territory!
Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard
- The Sword of Summer — After the tragic events two years prior, Magnus Chase was on his own in Boston and thought he had outrun fate. Little did he know that destiny would still find him when a mysterious uncle appeared to take him away from all that he’d ever known.
- Uncle Randolph unveils a mind-blowing truth to Magnus – he is the son of an actual Norse god and Asgard’s deities are preparing for epic warfare. To prevent Ragnarok, Magnus must embark on a remarkable quest through mysterious realms in search of an ancient weapon that has been hidden away for millennia!
- The Hammer of Thor — Thor, the almighty God of Thunder and protector of Nine Worlds, is once again without his mighty hammer – a weapon not just lost but taken by enemies. His allies must act fast to save the mortal world from destruction at the hands of giants! Magnus Chase has been chosen as their leader in this epic mission to retrieve Thor’s most powerful force; success means saving lives… will they make it?
- Percy Jackson’s Greek Gods — Percy Jackson tells the epic tale of how the world was born and takes readers on a thrilling journey into Ancient Greek mythology. From Apollo to Zeus, Percy doesn’t shy away from divulging all their secrets – even if those secrets include horror shows, chaotic battles for power between gods or violent actions such as lying, stealing or cannibalism. It may have been an age of chaos but it is still remembered with fondness as The Golden Age!
- Percy Jackson’s Greek Heroes — Percy Jackson is the perfect storyteller for us all to learn about Greek mythology – and not just who shaved Medusa’s head, but so much more! He recounts Perseus’, Atalanta’s, and Bellerophon’s legendary daring-do with humorous irreverence. So if you want a fun way of learning heroic tales from ancient myths discover Percy Jackson today!
- Hotel Valhalla: Guide to the Norse Worlds — Helgi, long-time overseer of famed Hotel Valhalla, had heard enough inquiries from newly arrived heroes and decided to take matters into his own hands. He crafted an informative guide for the gods and goddesses of Norse mythology; a helpful handbook meant to ease newcomers’ confusion about who’s who in this mythical realm!
- The Trials of Apollo: Camp Jupiter Classified: A Probatio’s Journal – The Fourth Cohort of Roman demigods, training at Camp Jupiter in Northern California, find themselves spiraling into chaos as mysterious events begin to take place. What could be the cause? All clues point to one fellow probation – but is she truly responsible for all this mayhem? Unraveling her journal may hold the answer!
Sales Figures For The Percy Jackson Series
The Percy Jackson series has been one of the most popular book series in recent years, with over a million copies sold worldwide. Its sales figures have consistently increased year after year, and it has become one of the best-selling young adult fantasy series of all time.
Conclusion: how many percy jackson books are there
If you’re looking for an exciting, action-packed adventure series with compelling characters and a captivating storyline, then the Percy Jackson series is definitely worth checking out. With its thrilling blend of Greek mythology and modern day adventures, it is sure to thrill and entertain readers of all ages. So don’t wait – start reading today! Thanks for reading how many percy jackson books are there with us!
FAQs: percy jackson books
How many Percy Jackson books are there in total 2022?
There are 16 books in the Percy Jackson book series.
Is there a 6th book of Percy Jackson?
On October 18, legendary author Rick Riordan revealed that he is bringing readers an all-new adventure in his beloved best-selling fantasy series. Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Chalice of the Gods will whisk fans off to heroic journeys full of suspense when it releases on September 26, 2023!
Will there be a 7th Percy Jackson book?
Percy Jackson, Annabeth Chase and Grover Underwood are back! After a decade-long wait, Rick Riordan is taking us on an all new journey with the heroes from THE BLOOD OF OLYMPUS. This September 26th will mark the release of PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS:THE CHALICE OF GODS – a thrilling adventure full of gods, monsters and mythical creatures to captivate audiences once more.
What age is appropriate to read Percy Jackson?
The Percy Jackson books are classified as suitable for children between the ages of 9 and 10 by Common Sense Material, my go-to resource for determining what media is appropriate for what age of kids.
Is Percy Jackson The Last Olympian the last book?
Greek mythology serves as the foundation for Rick Riordan’s fantasy-adventure book The Last Olympian, which was released on May 5, 2009. The Battle of the Labyrinth’s direct sequel, it is the fifth and final book in the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series.
Is the Percy Jackson book series finished?
Five books make up the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series. The Last Olympian concludes the primary plot that was introduced in The Lightning Thief. I think a series needs a compelling conclusion, and I always thought Percy’s journey would span five books.
Who are the 7 demigods in Percy Jackson?
Percy Jackson, Annabeth Chase, Jason Grace, Leo Valdez, Piper McLean, Hazel Levesque, and Frank Zhang, the seven demigods of the Prophecy of Seven, embark on their final quest to vanquish Gaea/Terra while Nico di Angelo, Reyna Avila Ramrez-Arellano, and Coach Gleeson Hedge work to bring the Athena Parthenos to Camp.
Can a 15 year old read Percy Jackson?
The Percy Jackson series is geared toward children aged 9 to 14. The books blur the lines between middle-grade and young-adult literature, making them an excellent option for presenting difficult material to novice readers. But Percy develops throughout the series, so there will still be enough intrigue to keep kids reading.
What is the longest book in Percy Jackson?
The final Olympian, and the longest Percy Jackson novel, is appropriate. The Lightning Thief, the Labyrinth conflict, and a downward spiral follow.
How fast can you read Percy Jackson?
A 250 WPM reader will finish this book in 6 hours and 56 minutes on average (words per minute). How quickly do you read books like this?
Perry Morton is the CEO of Your Ideal Store for Bibles and Books, a Christian bookstore in Warren, MI. Perry has been in the book industry for over 38 years and has owned and operated Discount Bible Book & Music Store for over 25 years. In his free time, Perry enjoys spending time with his wife and two children.