Are you a fan of crime thrillers, captivating mysteries, and addictive suspense novels? Then you’ve come to the right place! If you’re new to James Patterson’s works or have been fans for years, this blog post can help. Join us as we explore the amazing world of James Patterson books: what makes them so great, how they should be read in order, and why they keep readers hooked until the very last page. So grab your favorite cozy blanket and pour yourself some tea—it’s time to dive into the best James Patterson books in order.
Who Is James Patterson?
James Patterson was born with a knack for writing, but it took years before his talent paid off. The Newburgh native graduated summa cum laude from Manhattan College and Vanderbilt University, then began working as an ad copywriter in NYC. After slowly climbing the corporate ladder to become CEO of J Walter Thompson Agency and chairman by 1990, James bought 31 rejections before he could call himself an author; finally publishing ‘The Thomas Berryman Number’ after 14 long years – what dedication!
James Patterson Books In Order
To kick off our look at the vast body of work by James Patterson, we’ll begin with the versatile series “James Patterson Presents”, filled with tales ranging from Young Adult to Fantasy – and much more. My blog zooms in primarily on these genres but I’m happy to go beyond that sometimes too!
James Patterson books in order: Alex Cross Series
- Along Came a Spider (1992)
- Kiss the Girls (1995)
- Jack & Jill (1996)
- Cat & Mouse (1997)
- Pop Goes the Weasel (1999)
- Roses Are Red (2000)
- Violets Are Blue (2001)
- Four Blind Mice (2002)
- The Big Bad Wolf (2003)
- London Bridges (2004)
- Mary, Mary (2005)
- Cross / Alex Cross (2006)
- Double Cross (2007)
- Cross Country (2008)
- I, Alex Cross (2009)
- Cross Fire (2010)
- Kill Alex Cross (2011)
- Alex Cross, Run (2013)
- Cross My Heart (2013)
- Hope to Die (2014)
- Cross Justice (2015)
- Cross the Line (2016)
- The People vs. Alex Cross (2017)
- Target (2018)
- Criss Cross (2019)
- Deadly Cross (2020)
- Fear No Evil (2021)
James Patterson books in order: Women’s Murder Club
- 1st to Die (2000)
- 2nd Chance (2002)
- 3rd Degree (2004)
- 4th of July (2005)
- The 5th Horseman (2006)
- The 6th Target (2007)
- 7th Heaven (2008)
- The 9th Judgment (2009)
- The 8th Confession (2009)
- 10th Anniversary (2011)
- 11th Hour (2012)
- 12th of Never (2013)
- Unlucky 13 (2014)
- 14th Deadly Sin (2015)
- 15th Affair (2016)
- 16th Seduction (2017)
- The 17th Suspect (2018)
- The 18th Abduction (2019)
- The 19th Christmas (2019)
- The 20th Victim (2020)
- 21st Birthday (2021)
- 22 Seconds (2022)
James Patterson books in order: Women’s Murder Club
- Step on a Crack (2007)
- Run for Your Life (2009)
- Worst Case (2009)
- Tick Tock (2010)
- I, Michael Bennett (2012)
- Gone (2013)
- Burn (2014)
- Alert (2015)
- Bullseye (2016)
- Haunted (2017)
- Ambush (2018)
- Blindside (2019)
- The Russian (2021)
- Shattered (2022)
James Patterson books in order: Private Series
- Private (with Maxine Paetro) (2010)
- Private London (with Mark Pearson) (2011)
- Private Games (with Mark Sullivan) (2012)
- Private:#1 Suspect (with Maxine Paetro) (2012)
- Private Berlin (with Mark Sullivan) (2013)
- Private L.A. (with Mark Sullivan) (2014)
- Private Down Under / Oz (with Michael White) (2014)
- Private India (with Ashwin Sanghi) (2014)
- Private Vegas (with Maxine Paetro) (2015)
- Private Sydney / Missing (with Kathryn Fox) (2015)
- Private Paris (with Mark Sullivan) (2016)
- The Games (with Mark Sullivan) (2016)
- Private Delhi / Count to Ten (with Ashwin Sanghi) (2017)
- Princess (with Rees Jones) (2018)
- Private Moscow: (with Adam Hamdy) (2020)
- Private Rogue (with Adam Hamdy) (2021)
James Patterson books in order: Standalones
- The Thomas Berryman Number (1976)
- Season of the Machete (1977)
- See How They Run (1979)
- Cradle and All (1980)
- Black Friday (1986)
- The Midnight Club (1988)
- Hide & Seek (1995)
- Suzanne’s Diary for Nicholas (2001)
- The Beach House (2002)
James Patterson books in order: Maximum Ride
- The Angel Experiment (2005)
- School’s Out – Forever (2006)
- Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports (2007)
- The Final Warning (2008)
- Max (2009)
- Fang (2010)
- Angel (2011)
- Nevermore (2012)
- Maximum Ride Forever (2015)
- Maximum Ride: Hawk Books (with Mindy McGinnis) in Order of Publication
- Hawk (2020)
- City of the Dead (with Mindy McGinnis) (2021)
James Patterson books in order: Michael Bennett Books
- Step on a Crack (with Michael Ledwidge) (2007)
- Run for Your Life (with Michael Ledwidge) (2009)
- Worst Case (with Michael Ledwidge) (2009)
- Tick Tock (with Michael Ledwidge) (2010)
- I, Michael Bennett (with Michael Ledwidge) (2012)
- Gone (with Michael Ledwidge) (2013)
- Burn (with Michael Ledwidge) (2014)
- Alert (with Michael Ledwidge) (2015)
- Bullseye (with Michael Ledwidge) (2016)
- Haunted (with James Born) (2017)
- Manhunt (with James Born) (2017)
- Ambush (with James Born) (2018)
- Blindside (with James Born) (2020)
- The Russian (with James Born) (2021)
- Shattered (with James Born) (2022)
James Patterson books in order: Children’s and Middle Grade
- Middle School, The Worst Years of My Life (2011)
- Get Me Out of Here! (2012)
- Big Fat Liar (2013)
- How I Survived Bullies, Broccoli, and Snake Hill (2013)
- Ultimate Showdown (2014)
- Save Rafe! (2014)
- Just My Rotten Luck! (2015)
- Dog’s Best Friend (2016)
- Escape to Australia (2017)
- From Hero to Zero (2017)
- Born to Rock (2019)
- Master of Disaster (2020)
- Field Trip Fiasco (2021)
- It’s a Zoo in Here (2022)
- Winter Blunderland (Expected publication: November 7, 2022)
James Patterson books in order: Non-Fiction
- The Day America Told the Truth (1992)
- The Second American Revolution (1994)
- Against Medical Advice (2008)
- The Murder of King Tut (2009)
- Med Head (2010)
- Filthy Rich (2016)
- All-American Murder (2018)
- The House of Kennedy / The Kennedy Curse (2020)
- The Last Days of John Lennon (2020)
- Walk in My Combat Boots (2021)
- The Defense Lawyer (2021)
- E.R. Nurses: True Stories from America’s Greatest Unsung Heroes (2021)
- James Patterson by James Patterson: The Stories of My Life (Expected publication: June 6, 2022)
- The Elephant Girl (Expected publication: July 25, 2022)
- Diana, William and Harry (Expected publication: August 15, 2022)
Best 5 James Patterson Books
Along Came A Spider (1992)
Along Came a Spider, the first book in the Alex Cross series, was a huge success for author James Patterson.
In the film, Gary Soneji plays a psychotic serial killer who must be stopped by forensic psychologist Alex Cross.
Kiss The Girls
Another great Alex Cross novel in which the detective attempts to figure out whodunit.
The film was based on the book, which came out in 1995.
1st To Die
A pathologist, a police official, a journalist, and an assistant district attorney (all good friends) team together to investigate the murders of recentlyweds and find the perpetrator.
The Women’s Murder Club consists of four female companions. 1st to Die kicks off the Women’s Murder Club series.
The Thomas Berryman Number
Tracing its roots all the way back to 1976, James Patterson’s debut novel The Thomas Berryman Number follows an intrepid reporter named Ochs Jones. Working for a Nashville paper and on his own time, he strives to uncover who is behind two politically-charged homicides – that of Jimmie Horne, the first African American mayor of Music City USA; as well as the killer’s identity themselves. Can Ochs crack this confounding case before more lives are taken?
The narrative, which was first released in 2012, is about an elite special task team of the New York Police Department called NYPD Red. Their mission is to safeguard the interests of Manhattan’s richest and most powerful individuals.
Conclusion: James Patterson Books In Order – Discountbiblebook
Overall, James Patterson is one of the most popular and successful authors in modern literature. Whether you’re looking for thrilling crime novels or heartwarming non-fiction stories, his books are well worth reading. Some of his best works include “Along Came A Spider”, “Kiss the Girls”, “The Thomas Berryman Number”, “1st to Die”, and “NYPD Red.” So if you’re looking for a great read, be sure to check out one of his works today!
FAQs: James Patterson books in order
What is James Patterson’s latest release?
The latest release from James Patterson is the novel Winter Blunderland, which is scheduled for publication on November 7, 2022. In this thrilling crime thriller, a young detective must uncover the identity of a serial killer stalking New York City.
How many series does James Patterson have?
Do you realize that James Patterson has written and produced novels that compose more than 20 separate series? These series range from adult fiction to works for middle-grade readers. Alex Cross and The Women’s Murder Club are certainly well-known to all of us. This is in addition to not even discussing the standalones.
Are you supposed to read James Patterson books in order?
Regardless of the fact that almost all of the novels begin and conclude with a distinct plot from these other in the series, this one is one puzzle series for which I can unequivocally recommend that you read the books in the order in which they were written. I don’t even have to give it a second thought.
What is the best James Patterson book to start with?
Experience the page-turning, rollercoaster ride that is Alex Cross in Patterson’s seminal novel: Along Came a Spider. A must read for any thriller fan, this book will have you gripped until the very last twist and turn! With its addictive prose and compelling story line, why not dive right into Patterson’s work today?
Is Gone by James Patterson part of a series?
Lose yourself in the newest installment of James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge’s thrilling Michael Bennett Series! Step into a heart-pounding world of suspense with Gone, only available at Barnes & Noble®.
Why is James Patterson so popular?
James Patterson is among the most prolific and well-known authors in the world. His success can be attributed to a number of factors, including his quick-paced writing style, his genre-spanning oeuvre, the fact that he collaborates (by fax!) with other authors, as well as the marketing expertise he gained while working as an advertising executive.
How many series does James Patterson have?
Do you realize that James Patterson has written and produced novels that compose more than 20 separate series? These series range from adult fiction to works for middle-grade readers. Alex Cross and Also the Women’s Murder Club are certainly well-known to all of us. This is in addition to not even discussing the standalones.
What is Patterson famous for?
James Patterson has become one of the most popular and successful authors in contemporary literature, crafting numerous thrilling suspense novels. Born on March 22, 1947 in Newburgh, NY to James Brendan Patterson Jr., this talented author’s business acumen propelled him from obscurity into international stardom over the late 20th & early 21st centuries.
Does Patterson use ghostwriters?
Patterson is the one who pops up with the concepts for the stories, but he uses other people (ghostwriters) to assist him write them. Even if he wasn’t the one who really wrote the book, James Patterson’s name would be all over it. If you read one of his books, you can tell it was written by him. The words that come out of his lips are identical to the ones that are written in his books.
What is James Patterson’s best selling novel?
James Patterson’s “Along Came a Spider” has been embraced by over 400,000 fans on Goodreads – the highest rating of any novel in his long-running Alex Cross mystery series. With 28 books already published and one more set for release next month, this beloved crime drama is showing no signs of slowing down!
Perry Morton is the CEO of Your Ideal Store for Bibles and Books, a Christian bookstore in Warren, MI. Perry has been in the book industry for over 38 years and has owned and operated Discount Bible Book & Music Store for over 25 years. In his free time, Perry enjoys spending time with his wife and two children.